So today I went to the Burzynksi Clinic, they don't see much osteosarcoma. They don't have a treatment for me, yet. They sent tissue samples to a lab in Arizona. That will take 2-3 weeks for them to get the results. They also took 13 vials of blood today, I can tell you that's a lot of blood. They want to run one more test as well, they want a full body PET scan to see if the cancer is anywhere else in my body. They can't determine anything until we get the results of all these tests back. We are going to do the PET scan in Oregon. Once they get all the results it doesn't guarentee that they will find the gene that is causing the problem or the drug to fix it. So there is at least 3 weeks of waiting until they can provide me with any treatment, that's three weeks more that the cancer can work on taking over my body. We have been looking at all of our options so my dad talked to a doctor down in UCLA on the phone. He thinks I need chemo again and that he can save my lung. All the doctors we have talked to said that Doernbechers threw in the towel WAY too early. One thing ALL the doctors we have talked to said that as soon as we found out I had stuff in my lungs the first time that I should have had chemo before and after the removal surgeries. The funny thing is that my oncologist in Portland did some schooling at MD Anderson, so he should have known that, he didn't tell us it was an option. With all the oncologist at Doernbechers one of them had to have known that it would have been in my best interst to have chemo as soon as we found the first spots in February and to have chemo after they were removed. One thing that Dr. Anderson said that really bugged me is that he said that he thinks my oncologist gave up on me because he was more worried about what his peers would think if he tried more chemo on me, because he would be trying to cure something that was not curable. I would have thought trying to cure somebody instead of letting them die would have been right thing to do. I honestly thought letting someone die would get more ridicule then trying to save them. Apparently some peoples reputations are more important then some peoples lives. I can think of two kids in the past two months under the age of ten, patients of Doernbechers who have passed away because of cancer. I keep thinking wow what if they died because their oncologists gave up on them too. It really makes me sick. All the doctor that we have talked to also cant believe I havent had a PET scan before. Why didn't I get one of these? If Doernbechers would have done there job in the first place I might not be having to do this all right now. "Don't worry I'll take good care of you" are the words my oncologist's fellow looked me into the eye and said to me, right now I'm thinking yeah you did a swell job. I really don't want to wait at least 3 more weeks without any treatment to wait for a slight possibility. I only have so much time. So my parents and I are thinking that I should have chemo until the Burzynski Clinic can find the right treatment for me then we will stop the chemo and try that. So it's all a gamble there is nothing out there that we know that will cure me. Well on the bright side I fly back to Oregon tomorrow!